For issues with this website, contact OVA at

Criminal offences

We acknowledge some experiences shared may include criminal offences. Our Review was not created nor empowered to investigate or prosecute individual cases and therefore these cases have not been reported to the relevant authorities. If at any point in the future you wish to report criminal offences committed against you during the period of the ban, please speak to your local civilian police force. Please note, the jurisdiction of military police to bring charges for service offences committed in Service usually expires six months after the reported perpetrator leaves the Armed Forces, unless the Attorney General provides written consent to allow a charge to be brought out of time.

Men with historical convictions for gay sex may apply to have their convictions disregarded and pardoned. Applications can be made here:

No matter how amazing my civilian career has been, it's not the career I wanted.